Position: Production Operator
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: Immediately
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Location: Rocky View, AB
Do you have forklift experience and/or experience working with manufacturing equipment? Are you comfortable working with insects in a fast-paced production environment? If so, read on!
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers. Our latest production facility is operational near Calgary, AB.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity, and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are currently looking for committed and engaged Production Operators to contribute to the safe and reliable operation of this unique and cutting-edge insect farm and production facility.
WHAT ENTERRA OFFERS YOU:
- Starting wage $19.00/hour (plus $1.00/hour for afternoon shifts, or $1.50/hour for overnight/graveyard shifts)
- Wage increases to $20.60-21.63/hour depending on area after probationary period (typically 3 months), plus annual wage reviews
- Full benefits package after probationary period that includes extended health, dental, vision (eye exam only), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dependent life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, employee assistance program, plus $250/year for healthcare spending or RRSP
- 2 weeks’ vacation in your first year (can start using it after probationary period, based on accrual), increased to 3 weeks in your second year
- Training programs to boost your skills and development
- Monthly team lunch gatherings
- $500 referral bonuses after your referred employee are retained for 6 months
- Free onsite parking
- Learning and understanding the health and biological requirements of BSF larvae
- Heavy use of forklift to organize products in the work area
- Use of pressure washers, vacuums, and other equipment to complete daily cleaning tasks
- Best suited for an adept forklift driver with strong organizational skills
- Forklift experience is required (certification preferred)
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Fluent in English, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic use and knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Outlook and MS Excel)
- Ability to lift loads of up to 20 kg
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position, which includes standing, bending, pulling, lifting, and pushing
- Experience with industrial or farm equipment an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Food manufacturing experience is an asset
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- The plant operates 7 days/week including stat holidays (OT pay), with morning, afternoon, and overnight shifts available depending on the area; typical schedules as follows (subject to change):
- Morning: 6:15am – 2:45pm
- Shifts are 8.5 hours, including two paid 15 min breaks and one unpaid 30 min break; 5 days/week – all schedules include shifts on Saturday, Sunday, or both
- Schedules are subject to change with advanced notice
For more information about Enterra, please visit enterra.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.