Position: Engineering Co-Op Student
Employment Type: 4 months Contract (4 months from Start Date)
Starting Date: January 2021/February 2021
Reporting to: Operations Engineer
Location: Rocky View, AB
At Enterra, our core purpose is to harness the power of insects to feed and care for the world. Since 2007 we have been pioneering large-scale, sustainable insect production in North America, producing the highest quality ingredients for our innovative animal feed and pet food customers.
We live by our core values of Quality, Integrity and Innovation. Our team is full of motivated and hardworking people that are committed to making the world a better place.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineering co-op the student to join our team and contribute to the safe and reliable commissioning and start-up of our new production the facility in Balzac, AB. The position term is four months beginning Jan 2021 through to the end of May 2021.
- Strict adherence to health and safety policies
- Assist in a wide variety of tasks supporting the General Manager, Site Engineer and Construction Team transitioning from construction to operations, including both hands-on and office-based tasks
- Liaise with third-party contractors and suppliers to support plant commissioning and operations, safety and maintenance requirements
- Understand and respect the biological impacts of the process, including livestock health, nutrition, rearing and breeding
- Troubleshoot issues and work with the General Manager, Site Engineer and other employees and vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Support development of Standard Operating Procedures
- Currently enrolled in engineering program (college or university)
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated – brings a positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic
- Hands-on experience with tools and equipment is required
- Ability to lift loads of up to 50 lb.
- Experience with industrial or farm equipment is an asset
- Experience in the food or agriculture industry is an asset
- Works well independently to complete projects on time
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license
- Competitive salary based on experience
For more information about Enterra, please visit www.enterra.com.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date January 15th, 2021.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $20.00 per hour